EAST GREENWICH FREE LIBRARY
TUTORING POLICY AND AGREEMENT
It is the East Greenwich Free Library’s policy that Library space cannot be used to conduct for-profit business. However, the Board of Trustees recognizes the benefit to the students and parents of the community for tutoring to be allowed in the library.
The following guidelines are intended to provide a balance between the use of the Library by tutors and their clients, and the use of the Library by other members of the community.
- Tutors agree to indemnify and forever hold harmless the Town of East Greenwich, the library, its employees, agents and assigns and the Library Board of Trustees from all direct and indirect consequences that may arise from their activities.
- Tutors may not publish or distribute communications of any kind, advertising the East Greenwich Free Library as their place of activity, as it may imply Library sponsorship or endorsement of their activities.
- All arrangements must be made between the tutor, student and parents.
- Payment arrangements between tutors and clients should be handled off-site.
- Tutors and their clients agree to be respectful to others using the Library.
- Library staff will assist tutor teams just as they assist other patrons. Library staff will not deliver messages, find tutors, nor connect students with their tutors. Library staff will not assist the tutor in his/her business activities.
- Conversation or instruction during tutoring should not distract or intimidate other Library patrons.
- Library space is limited. The Library reserves the right to limit tutoring activities if space resources are monopolized or activities unreasonably interfere with other patrons’ access to Library resources.
- East Greenwich Free Library will provide designated areas for tutoring as space permits. Tutoring areas are on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- Several tutors may be using the same space at one time.
- Tutoring is to be conducted on a one-on-one basis.
- Tutoring will be limited to 2 students per day.
- No tutoring is allowed in designated quiet or silent areas or at computer stations.
Tutors and their clients are to keep in mind that tutoring on Library premises is a privilege that the Library allows as part of its service to the community. Tutoring on Library premises will be supported so long as it does not interfere with the use of the Library by other community members.
I have read and understand the above policy. I acknowledge and agree to be bound by its terms.
Date_________________ Contact phone number or email__________________________________
Approved by the EGFL Board of Trustees 6/2021